Urethane mortars offers a number benefits over epoxies, particularly in the food and beverage industry, where thermal stress can be a major issue. There may be areas in which scalding water or heat is used, as well as areas of refrigeration, and a single type of flooring is needed to accommodate both, while withstanding potential extreme temperature cleaning.
Urethane mortar is often called cementitious urethane because it does have cement properties in one of its components, which gives it some similar characteristics to that of cement. The benefit of this is that it expands and contracts similarly to a concrete substrate. This reduces the stress between the two materials when the temperature changes, so the adhesive bond is much stronger, helping increase the durability and lifespan of the urethane mortar as a floor coating.
The Benefits of Tennant Urethane Mortar Flooring Systems
We offer a variety of urethane mortar systems to ensure you have the best possible flooring solution for your facility.
Urethane mortars offer some of the best benefits compared to other resinous flooring products, when it comes to:
- Extreme thermal stability and steam cleanability
- Impact and abrasion resistance
- Anti-slip surface that meets ADA recommendations
- Low odor, fast installation and fast cure
- Resistance to moisture vapor transmission (MVT)
- Resistant to fungi growth per ASTM G-21
- Utilize renewable bean oils and environmentally friendly packaging to advance your sustainability goals
They are virtually seamless when applied and impervious to liquid, mitigating the mold and mildew that can form within the floor.