MMA Floor Coatings
Tennant offers high-quality coatings, additives, and complete systems to meet virtually every need of commercial and industrial facilities.
If you need a very fast turnaround time and/or a product that can be applied in very cold temperatures, such as winter weather outdoors or in freezers or cold-rooms, MMA, or methyl methacrylate, can be ideal.
What MMA Flooring Can Do for You
How Fast Is Fast?
- Cure times for many epoxy and urethane coatings can range from four to eight hours, per coat. In contrast, each coat of MMA can cure in one hour’s time. This can drastically reduce downtime and can get you back up and running much faster than typical epoxy and urethane coating systems.
How Cold Is Cold?
- There are a number of important factors to keep in mind, when considering a coating for an outdoor or cold environment:
- In cold environments, the slab temperature is usually lower than the surrounding air.
- Resinous products, such as epoxy, will quickly take on the temperature of the slab to which they are being applied. The temperature of the slab, in addition to the surrounding air, is of concern in planning floor refurbishment or the coating of new concrete.
- Be sure to test the slab temperature in areas where there are vents and/or drafts. The temperature at the center of a slab may be higher than in those areas.
- Different types of fluid-applied products—for example, a primer, a base coat, and a top coat—may each have different temperature requirements.
MMA was designed to be an easy solution to the cold-environment challenge. It will generally cure in under an hour, in temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit. Fully cured, MMA is temperature resistant up to approximately 150 degrees Fahrenheit.